2021 Roundup: Cannabis in New York City, Russian Oligarch Linked to Curaleaf, Pregnancy Outcomes & More
At the end of 2022, New York City made bold strides towards establishing its first legal recreational marijuana dispensary. One year on from the legalization of marijuana for adults aged 21 and above in the state, a launch of what is anticipated to be among the most lucrative cannabis markets in the nation has been facilitated. Legally Rooted, a locally-owned and operated medical marijuana dispensary located on 6th Street, opened its doors on Friday, January 1, 2023 with a ribbon cutting ceremony and became the first dispensary to open in the Queen City.
Vermont Cannabis Regulators are also now investigating the links between Russian oligarch Roman Abramovich and multi-state cannabis operator Curaleaf. This inquiry follows a report by Vice that found Abramovich invested $130 million and provided $194 million in loans to US cannabis firms between 2016 and 2018, with Curaleaf as the main beneficiary.
Additionally, researchers have found that using cannabis early in pregnancy is associated with adverse pregnancy outcomes. This was presented at The Pregnancy Meeting, the annual meeting of the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine, held from February 6 to 11 in San Francisco.
For those interested in staying up-to-date on the latest cannabis news, subscribing to Marijuana Moment’s daily dispatch is a great way to make sure you know which stories are shaping the day. Additionally, subscribing to get Marijuana Moment’s newsletter in your inbox every weekday morning is a great way to stay informed. For even more comprehensive cannabis industry news, subscribe to their Sunday newsletter, and for daily cannabis business news updates, subscribe to their daily dispatch.
Advertising and membership opportunities are also available for those interested in getting involved in the cannabis industry. For more information about advertising, visit their website, and for more information about membership, visit their website. Additionally, follow them on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram for the latest updates.
0. “Cannabis News | Cannabis Blog | Herban Creative” herbancreativenj.com, 22 Feb. 2023, https://herbancreativenj.com/cannabis-news
1. “Meridian cannabis dispensary opens | Local News | meridianstar.com” www.meridianstar.com, 22 Feb. 2023, https://www.meridianstar.com/news/local_news/meridian-cannabis-dispensary-opens/article_b8071b52-5ee0-579a-b5fd-424fb4c6de79.html
2. “New Biden exec order touts cannabis actions (Newsletter: February …” www.marijuanamoment.net, 22 Feb. 2023, https://www.marijuanamoment.net/new-biden-exec-order-touts-cannabis-actions-newsletter-february-20-2023/
3. “Vermont Cannabis Regulators Investigating Curaleaf's Ties to …” www.ganjapreneur.com, 22 Feb. 2023, https://www.ganjapreneur.com/vermont-cannabis-regulators-investigating-curaleafs-ties-to-russian-oligarch/
4. “The association between cannabis use and sleep complaints in …” www.news-medical.net, 22 Feb. 2023, https://www.news-medical.net/news/20230214/The-association-between-cannabis-use-and-sleep-complaints-in-University-students.aspx
5. “Early Pregnancy Cannabis Exposure Tied to Adverse Pregnancy …” www.channel3000.com, 22 Feb. 2023, https://www.channel3000.com/news/health/early-pregnancy-cannabis-exposure-tied-to-adverse-pregnancy-outcomes/article_529be2a0-82ae-5254-97a7-13cd85f74f2a.html
6. “Canadian Cannabis Sales Surged in December – New Cannabis …” www.newcannabisventures.com, 22 Feb. 2023, https://www.newcannabisventures.com/canadian-cannabis-sales-surged-in-december/
7. “FDA finalizes guidance on cannabis clinical research | RAPS” www.raps.org, 22 Feb. 2023, https://www.raps.org/news-and-articles/news-articles/2023/1/fda-finalizes-guidance-on-cannabis-clinical-resear